Secret #1 – Create Value
Your business should not be about you. It’s about your customers and how you create value to help them.
Yes, you have a passion for what you do, experience, and knowledge to share with people. Business success comes in the form of what you have to offer to others and how you package it.
The more value you can offer, the deeper your customers will get to know, like, and trust you, creating customer loyalty. This isn’t to say give away everything for free. Value is also in your products and services that you charge for. Don’t take away the value of yourself and what you have to offer by undercharging either. Charge what you are worth. Do a market analysis and be fair.
Examples to create value and build trust with your customers:
- blog posts providing answers to questions they may have
- An opt-in (ie. checklist, tutorial, preview, or coupon) in exchange for their email
- Newsletter if they sign up for your email list to provide them bits of valuable information as necessary
- Social media posts providing valuable content
- Free trial to a membership
- Video tutorials or podcast
- Access to a forum or group
Don’t try to do everything. Pick one or two to start and do them well and be consistent.
Your main product or service is a big-ticket item, which doesn’t mean it has to be expensive, but it’s the signature product or service that you offer. It specifically solves a problem, a need, or simply something that brings your customer joy.
Your goal should have ONE main product or service and everything else leads to that.
Next Step – learn secret #2